Write Your Success Story
We have built our business off of loyal customer’s good words to family and friends over the past two decades. We literally have thousands of stories and strive for you to be one of those happy customers. We appreciate your business and feedback from Lexington, Georgetown, Winchester, Versailles and Nicholasville. Tell us how Body Structure has helped you achieve your goals or changed your life. We may choose to display your success story on our website and/or on our wall! You can also choose to click on the rate us button and tell your personal story on one of the internet search engines.
As a healthy 33 year old female, I have never had to worry about any major aches or pains. I have been rather lucky when it comes to being able to move without any problem until I injured my back. The grueling pain began while I was simply sweeping my floor and bent over in an awkward fashion. I was on the floor unable to move and had to be taken to the ER. I found out that I had bulging L5 disk in my back with nerve root contact. The pain was unbearable; I could not sit for long periods of time and had to walk slowly while bent over. After spending 3 days in bed and not able to interact with my children day to day activities, I was referred to Body Structure. I was very nervous that I was going to experience more pain with my visit. Several people told me that physical therapy was not going to work and that it would make it worse. With a scary surgery looming in my future, I decided to give it a try; the pain could not get much worse right?
My first visit with Michael at Body Structure was very pain free! He made me feel very comfortable and made sure I knew they were not there to hurt me. My first visit went very smoothly with very little agitation to my back. I was sent home with some exercises to do on my own. I followed my physical therapists advice and did my exercises as instructed. I was 50% better just after my first visit! By the time I was scheduled for my third visit my pain was completely gone. I was back to normal activities and not crying in my office because sitting hurt my back. The best part of my recovery with Body Structure was they gave me my independence back. I was back to playing with my kids, cooking and cleaning in no time.
When physical therapy is needed for any injury I recommend Body Structure to all my family and friends. Anytime you have medical problems that affect your way of life you need professionals that care about you well-being and recovery. Body Structure is that type of facility; they will make sure you heal as fast and safely as possible.Jennifer Wagoner
- Over the years my weight has gotten out of control. So when Body Structure started offering personal trainers at the Lexington Tennis Club my wife and I decided to try it. We knew we would need some help on making changes in our physical activities, eating habits and would need motivation and accountability to help us stay committed to getting it done.
Now 6 weeks into the program and 15 pounds lighter I want to thank Rachel, my trainer who has been great to work with. Rachel always has a smile on her face and has a game plan ready when I arrive for my workouts. Every day seems like a different plan and she knows how to push me to my limit but still make me feel good about my progress! The constant changing of her routines makes it even more interesting to me every day. I never dreamed so much cardio work could be done without lifting a lot of weights or doing a lot of running.
During and after our workouts she is always asking me about my diet and how I am doing on the biometrics program she and Josh have laid out for me. Their suggestions with my diet have been “wonderful!” I now look forward to my twice a week workouts because of the constant encouragement and the enthusiasm shown to us when we arrive to “get to work.” Thanks to Rachel and Josh at Body Structure for the help you have become and the encouragement you are to us!David Hopewell
- From the first point of contact (my phone call to one of your front desk people) to her call and email back, your people are very responsive and customer centric. Everyone was pretty relaxed and nicely linear in dealing with the required paperwork and arrangements for payment. The PT and her assistant are very knowledgeable and are working towards resolving my physical issue. Their approach is business like with room for humor and personal interaction, while still conducting the business at hand. Each have been very conscious of asking the right questions and guiding me onto the path that I need when I have strayed or erred. Your front end people were terrific in handling the complexity of scheduling. I direct a 75 employee program, so scheduling my times is a bit more complex than most I would assume. I love the email confirming/reminding appointments, and everyone stays on task while being “uber” friendly at the same time.Roger L. Kirk
- I am in my mid-forties and was at an all-time high in weight and wishing I could still live the “athletic” lifestyle that I had in the past. With a demanding career and desire to spend time with my wife and three young children, the urgency to get off the couch in my down time was not there. After a visit to my doctor for my annual checkup, he suggested I take a look at Body Structure.
I decided to make the five to six hour commitment each week and after four months, the results were better than I could have ever expected-significant weight and body fat loss, a noticeable increase in strength, more energy, and a general overall feeling of wellbeing. I haven’t been in this sort of shape in over 20 years. My personal trainer holds me accountable, both in the gym and at home, and the nutrition education helped me make simple diet changes that didn’t seem like major sacrifices.
I continue to train and, while I don’t expect all of the tangible measurements to show as dramatic a change in the future, I plan on staying committed to improving my overall wellbeing and reinforcing habits to enable me to live a long active life with my family. Bod Structure definitely provides a strong fitness and health plan and the accountability allows me to achieve this.Steve Jennings
- I started coming to Body Structure because I received an advertisement in the mail. It sounded like such a great offer because it was for a one month trial period. The offer also included three free sessions with a personal trainer. A friend of mine had been working with a personal trainer and had seen great results. What harm could it do to try this for a month? I needed a boost from the winter weather and to restart my weight loss, which had been in a lull.
I signed up for my first session at 6 a.m. on a cold January morning. I was almost late and that wasn’t the best way to start my new lifestyle. However, my trainer was professional and took me through a good workout. He was willing to continue to work with me (even when I don’t want to be pushed) and he tells me that I am changing for the better. He has been a great coach and he tells me that I am being successful. As for my thoughts, I had hoped after this time that I might have a rock hard body, but I guess that was a bit unrealistic in just this period of time. I workout with my trainer weekly, where he adjusts the work outs to my creaky knees, my inability to be athletic and the difficulty I have in following directions. However, he has been patient and has helped me overcome some of my shortcomings.
I work out at least four days a week, trying to replicate the training sessions, which I conveniently forget on the rare occasion. The success for me has come from exercising for 2 ½ months and not wanting to quit. The additional success has been losing inches, gaining muscle mass in a short period of time (even though it weighs more), lowering my BMI, working on strengthening my core muscles which has helped me to have better balance. Oh, yeah, my posture is better, too. It feels great to put on clothes that I thought would not fit, but they are too big. Clothing looks different on me now which makes me feel better about what I am doing for me.
The workouts have been anything but boring. I get to try out multiple machines and different exercises, focusing on various parts of my body. I use the treadmill each time I come in for at least 30 minutes (it was really relaxing until I was “encouraged” to up the speed and increase the incline) and this helps with stress. I have also put together some of my favorite music to make the walking more enjoyable. My stamina, my confidence, and my attitude have improved.Betsy B Mahoney
- Since coming home from Afghanistan nearly a year ago, I wasn’t sure what to expect until I met with Dr. McClung and he told what my injuries were. He immediately sent me to Body Structure for pre operation physical therapy. The staff here always worked hard to get me stronger and the team up front was always courteous and worked with me on several occasions to make the schedule work for me.
My real story started post op when I began working with Michael. He had a challenging plan of care to get me back to where the Marine Corps expects me to perform. We set goals for me to get back to my way of life that included pull-ups, push-ups, softball, and working with heavy materials overhead, as I will have to do when I go back to my civilian job as a pipefitter. Within a couple of months, Michael had me back to almost full range of motion and after seeing my Naval Doctor we began a work hardening program to help strengthen my shoulder to military standards. Eight weeks later and now I can do regular physical fitness sessions with the rest of my Marines, including push-ups and pull-ups. I can’t say enough about the hard work that the entire staff has done for me.
After working with the therapist, working the techs was always a pleasure. When I told them I was done, they always challenged me to push a little bit further then I thought I could. During my work hardening program, they came up with different exercises and was the first person I worked with when I finally did a pull-up. From there, they helped pushed me to get stronger each and every week. Without these wonderful people on your team I fear it would have taken me months longer to achieve my goals. Me next physical fitness test will be a direct reflection of how hard the staff has worked for me.
I will recommend Body Structure for physical therapy to any and all of my Marines that live local to Lexington as well as my friends that have recently returned from overseas. Thank you all again for everything you have done for me.Sgt Thomas M. StarkUS Marine Corps
- At this point I would measure my success toward my weight loss goal the following ways:
1. A number- I have lost about 20 pounds of my body weight in the last six months
2. Time- I’m still with the process and working on goals
This second point is a big accomplishment for me. I have had more than one time in my life where I have diligently worked at weight loss, and even had success, only to get frustrated with my progress, hit a plateau, get bored with my routines, or overwhelmed with long-term goals. At high points of frustration I usually decide to “take a break” from my weight loss efforts for weeks or months at a time. This inevitability leads to more weight gain and an even greater level of frustration with myself.
The fact that I weigh less now than I did six months ago is amazing. Not every six-month period in my life would show that! I acknowledge that I have not been on this journey this time by myself and that Dustin has contributed so much to this progress and success. I feel my ability and desire to work continually on nutrition and exercise over the last six months instead of “taking a break” from it all, really speaks volumes about what Dustin contributes to the training process.
Guiding Attitude- One thing Dustin does that makes a difference to me in our workouts is that he treats me like a real person. My past experience of working in a client-based service is that sometimes clients are treated more like commodities, or a ticket to a paycheck, instead of the real people they are. I feel Dustin is genuinely interested in helping me reach my goals. He means to understand where I am coming from, what I struggle with, as well as what motivates me or helps to keep me on track.
Knowledge- Dustin is knowledgeable about his field. Dustin has been respectful in answering my questions, whether I ask about the workout, body mechanics, or nutrition. I like that he is willing to share what he knows and gives thorough answers to help me learn new skills and gain knowledge.
Skill- My experience of Dustin is that he knows how to motivate and invite behavioral change without belittling, talking down, or using guilt trips. Dustin is able to accept where I am in my progress, but at the same time has the skill to push and encourage without inviting resistance or aggression. He is tough, yet caring at the same time-a tough balance to master.
Overall, I like working with Dustin because he does not give up on me. Although I have had some weight loss success and do work toward my goals, there are imperfect days when I think I cannot keep up or be diligent with the nutrition or exercising, or I’m frustrated with my weight. Dustin always seems to find the small success to focus on and be thankful for. He goes the extra mile as a trainer in how he tries to understand me and how my body works, so that he will better be able to help. He continually encourages me as a trainer, a motivator, and a friend. I enjoy our workouts, especially the times when we can just laugh about something.Lue Turner
- I didn’t want to try the Body Bugg because I was sure I could lose weight on my own. That didn’t work, so I finally listened to Jen and tried it for a week. It was great. I knew how many calories I was taking in and how many I was burning. For the first time in a long time, I felt in control of my weight. I now wear it everyday and have lost 10 lbs. And this is just the beginning.Ellen Leichtman
- I am a 54 year old mother of two. As a child, I was very tiny. However, when I reached adolescence, I began to gain weight. My mother has always said that my weight problem started at age 16 when I got my driver’s license! Since then, I’ve added weight every year. I’ve tried so many diets in those years, failing at all of them. Then in February of this year, I heard on TV about “Lexington’s Largest Loser” contest that was being held at Body Structure. I thought, “Why not?” So I signed up and was chosen to participate. I was so nervous! Me? Working out? That’s just so “not me”!! There were several times that I could have talked myself out of this completely. I’d use the excuse of my health: exercise-induced asthma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, and a knee problem, which I had surgery on a year prior.
But Body Structure works with you and your health problems. So, I decided to give it a try. I never dreamed that I would ever find myself inside a gym. I immediately felt comfortable when I attended the introductory meeting. Body Structure has continued to be a comfort zone for me during my kinesis classes and my Technogym coaching program. We also had a nutrition class taught by Kevin that helped greatly. The combination of the change in my eating habits, the cardio exercise, and the Technogym strength training has improved my overall health immensely. I lost 43 pounds in 12 weeks, winning the competition.
Body Structure has given me confidence in myself that I’ve never had before. I’m stronger than I’ve ever been, and I’ve downsized in my clothing. As my prize, I have become a member of Body Structure with personal training. I will continue with this program, determined to reach my goal with the help of my trainer. I would like to thank Kevin, the owner; David, the creator of Lexington’s Largest Loser; Craig, my Technogym coach; Dylan, my personal trainer; and the rest of the staff of Body Structure for their support and for aiming me in the right direction.Carla J Anderson
- Picture it- June 2007, I am driving to work along New Circle Road, minding my own business, when I hear a voice that is talking directly to ME on the radio. The voice was a gentleman named Trainer Matt from a place called Body Structure, and he is telling about a special that they are offering. I was intrigued; I listened to what he had to say, I called, and almost a year later my life has completely changed.
My weight at the time was around 367 pounds. I knew that I needed to make a change, and I really wanted to, but I just did not know how to get started. I called the number that Trainer Matt gave me on the radio and joined the three-month program. The first day I was instructed to begin circuit training. The family atmosphere and closeness were really exciting and made my experience very positive. On one of my first trips though the circuit training, a gentleman passed by and noticed that I was not working the machine in the most efficient way. He stopped, spoke with me, corrected me and moved on. To my surprise that gentleman happened to be Kevin, the owner of Body Structure. I suddenly felt success at my fingertips.
And success has been so very sweet. During my first month in the program, I lost 18 pounds! I continued the three-month training and lost a total of 38 pounds. After the three months of training, I decided to move to the next level and begin sessions with a personal trainer. That is the point when Haley and I got really serious, and we have been training together for about six months. She holds me accountable for my actions, including what I eat and how I work out and constantly pushes me to the maximum. Haley is not only my trainer now but a great friend. She is just as invested in my success as I am, and that is a great feeling. So far I have lost 68 pounds! I have gone from a size 54 waist to being able to fit into size 42. Losing weight has certainly not been easy, but being a part of the Body Structure family has made me a great success.Dean Braumm
- When I joined the workout program at Body Structure in November 2007, my goal was to trim down my figure so that I could fit into some of the clothes hanging in my closet. Dustin set up a workout program that strengthened my muscles, replaced fat with lean muscle mass, and reduced my flab to almost nothing.
Dustin is a very creative trainer who customized my program to exactly what I needed. My dress size has reduced from size 10 to size 6, and my weight has gone from 149 to 125 pounds. He says it’s just right, but I want to lose ten more pounds. Actually, it doesn’t matter as long as the measurements keep reducing. He is very conscientious and agreeable, and an absolute delight to work with. He is especially good at motivating me and I surprise myself at what I’m capable of doing. Positive feedback when deserved works wonders for me.
Sufficient to say, I am very happy with the results of the training program that Dustin has put together, and I wish to continue the program so that I become even more perfect than I am now.
Body Structure is fortunate to have an employee as talented and dedicated as Dustin.Trish Connolly
- One of my greatest concerns as an older adult has been the inability to continue my daily routines and activities and maintain independence. The staff at Body Structure did an in-depth physical and medical determination of my strength and weakness and provided a plan to fit my needs. The plan included strength training with a qualified and extremely competent personal trainer, Ms. B. Todd, and cardio workouts for endurance. The staff and trainer monitor closely my activities and progress.
During the process, my blood pressure returned to normal, my cholesterol level is well within my physician’s requirement, my muscle strength and tone has improved and I am able to lift, climb, walk and even run more than I have in thirty years. My weight and size have changed to allow me to wear a size six jeans, and my energy level is great. The facility’s physical therapy program allowed me to continue working out while rehabilitating a tendon problem. The concern and care of the staff, the friendly atmosphere, and the personal attention available have made my experience an extremely valuable and healthy one. I am continuing to progress and look forward to an even stronger body and a healthier heart.Jeanne Ransdell
- When I began at Body Structure, I had severe back and hip pain. After a month of rehab, I began training with Chip Kaylor. I wanted to continue to progress and build on the improvement I made during rehab. It’s been six years since I started training with Chip twice a week. The fact that I’ve kept it up for six years says a lot about Chip and his encouragement. This has really contributed to my overall health and helped me maintain my blood sugar levels. I really felt like I was headed toward surgery or a wheel chair when I started. I feel much better and have a much better outlook on maintaining my health.Sam Isaacs
- Everyone can make the excuse that they do not have time to work out or get into shape. As someone who owns his own business and is the father of three young boys, time is something that I do not have a lot of. With the help of Body Structure and especially my trainer Dustin Falls, I have been able to maximize my time in the gym. In four short weeks I have dropped my body fat by more than 5%. I have lost to date eight pounds and have improved my blood pressure substantially. I feel better, look better and have more energy. I would recommend Body Structure to anyone who is looking to improve his or her health.William Fain, D.M.D.
- In the fall of 2005, my doctor told me if I didn’t “get healthy” I was going to have a stroke by the time I was 40. I was already 36 and knew that already, but it was the final incentive I needed to get motivated. In January of the next year I started running and losing weight. I was doing great but had great difficulty staying motivated.
At the beginning of this year to stay motivated I started training for raid races using the Louisville YMCA’s Derby Mini training schedule. I ran the Papa John’s 10 mile thinking I was ready. At mile 8 I hit a mental “brick wall.” I finished the race but added three minutes to the pace of the last three miles. I knew then that I needed help.
That brought me to Body Structure in April. After a fitness evaluation, it was evident that I needed strength and a new goal. Trainer Matt paired me with Dylan Phelps, and the next goal was a personal best time at the Bluegrass 10K on the 4th of July and body composition overall.
Dylan has done a great job designing a fitness program that is tailored to my body structure, and that has improved my speed and strength for running. I typically have not enjoyed strength training, but working out with Dylan has made it fun and has kept me motivated. Having set appointments with Dylan at Body Structure keeps me accountable and dedicated to strength training.
I finished the Bluegrass 10K in my goal time and am now training for my first mini-marathon. The most amazing accomplishment, however, has not been the improvement in my run times but the change in my body composition. Of course I have lost some additional pounds, but the most dramatic change is the loss of body fat and the addition of lean muscle mass. I will be 38 next month and I am in the best physical condition of my life.Michelle Radtke
- I have just completed my first three months of personal training at your facility and wanted to say how pleased I am with my progress to date. The equipment, facilities and the attentiveness of the personnel have exceeded my expectations.
I was introduced to your fine Company by my personal physician, Dr. Robert Davenport. Not only does he give me excellent care but also excellent advice.
My personal trainer, Joe Raby, has been very supportive and his thoughtful suggestions and the program he has developed for my workouts three mornings each week have thus far been very effective in helping me reach my goals.
I would not hesitate to recommend your organization to anyone wanting to improve their overall health and level of fitness.Coba C. Craig
- After a back injury skiing 30 years ago, I have had constant back pain. In the last ten years I have had worsening arthritis in all my joints. In my medical practice limited to the treatment of chronic pain I have referred many patients for physical therapy but have not engaged in programmed exercise myself.
In one month of training 3 times a week I have had virtually complete resolution of my back and joint pain. I never realized how dramatic the benefits are. Although I have always been active, it is the knowledge of my trainer that makes the difference.William O. Witt, M.D.
- This has been a terrific experience. I am now trained to maintain what I have gained. My flexibility has improved along with my strength. I can stand and walk erect with no pain. I can stand and walk from a sitting position without hesitation.
I feel my improvement is 80-90%, and that is remarkable for me. The therapists/trainers are very friendly and professional and very encouraging. They have brought me from stiffness and pain to a level of flexibility and non-pain that I hope to retain with continued work.Sharon Myers
- My doctor recommended I try Body Structure for a health and fitness evaluation. I have had pain in my left elbow for several months and was referred to Physical Therapy. I have been to seven visits and I no longer have the pain and soreness I had experienced for four months. Everyone at Body Structure has been very friendly and helpful. I would and will recommend Body Structure.Sherry Dale
- The first time I came to Body Structure, it was because I saw an ad in the newspaper for a Research Project for women interested in weight loss. However, I felt obligated to advise them that I had a prescription for physical therapy for an orthopedic surgeon I had seen, and I presented that prescription to David when we met. After an assessment we decided it would be the best to complete the physical therapy program before moving on to anything else.
From the first visit with Jessee in the Body Structure Clinic, I knew that I was in the right place. The combination of exercise, massage, stem, and heat really helped with my low back pain. The professionalism and caring attitudes of the physical therapy staff made me feel comfortable and able to concentrate on doing my part to begin the healing process. Change is always a big adjustment for me; but, the friendliness, encouragement, and adaptability of the staff made me feel “right at home” and before I knew it the muscle spasms, which have haunted me for years, and the low back pain were gone.
Thank you, Physical Therapy Staff! You really are SUPER, and you do a great job!
It is now time for me to move on to an exercise program. Since we used exercise machines on both sides of the facility everything looks familiar to me and the transition will be an easy one. The fact that Body Structure not only is a medical facility that has a physical therapy, but there is the opportunity to transition into exercise, with or without personal training, and a professional and well trained staff gives it a really unique atmosphere unlike any other program that I have ever participated in.
My plan is to continue to get stronger, leaner, and healthier, and I know I am in the right place to be successful in those endeavors. If I can do this anyone can.
Thank you, Body Structure.Janice Webster